Mudding and Taping

Last Tuesday I went back to mudding. I continued where I left off - the kids' bathroom. Here are the materials I used: mud, mudbasket, taping knife, and used freezer bags that I use to apply the mud along corners or joints on the ceiling (hard to use the taping knife for those!)

The joining tape

Me in the process of applying the mud

This is how it looks like when the mud is applied. I try as much as possible to make it smooth and to hide the joining tape beneath the thick layer of mud. If there is severe discrepancy in the levels of the edges of the sheetrock, I use more mud to creat a smooth and discreet hump along the joint, so that when the paint is finally applied on the wall, it will be smooth. But I have to let this dry first (at least for 24 hours) then smoothen it with sponge sander (that is a lung hazard because of the very fine powder - see my earliest posts), then apply another layer of mud and do the sanding again before painting.  Posted by Hello

Comments